Monday, November 22, 2010

Doraemon - The Lucky Stars

Last weekend, I tried to look for another paper strips for my lucky stars. I was totally run out and I have to look again for another packs. And for the first time, I saw some sets of Doraemon paper strips and I was jumping for excitement because I love Doraemon so much and I want him to be my lucky stars.

I am pretty confident, everybody knows Doraemon. He is a friend and servant robotic cat of Nobita Nobi in a Japanese anime series. I have known and started following Doraemon since in my elementary years. I remember there was a local TV series translated into a Tagalog version of this anime cartoon and I watched it every afternoon. (Image above courtesy of Wallpaper Nephco.com)

I wanted to buy a dozen of this pack but unfortunately three design colors are available; blue, violet, and yellow. I bought three packs for a while and just get back to that store (even with the same colors) if I run out again (but hoping to have another design colors when I get back). These sets differ from my previous paper strips because they are little bit larger in width. They are more floppy than my usual paper strips but still they are so cute and very attractive. This is the first time I bought this kind of paper strip size for my lucky stars. I am more comfortable folding the smaller paper strips but this size is not that bad, as a matter of fact, lucky stars are even look bumpy and visible.

Here are three samples of the stars I made from these packs. I will start folding again during my free time. I love the colors and the texture of this pack so I am looking for more colors of this pack. My big transparent feeding jar is almost overflowing so I have to look for another jar for my lucky stars. Next time, I will show you my jar and imagine how many lucky stars I already made.

If you want to see how to make these origami lucky stars, please visit my post How to Make Origami Lucky Stars. And if you want to read more about my lucky stars, you can visit The Beginning of my Lucky Stars blog post.

Hope you like my another set of lucky stars. Hopefully, I can make some tips or tutorial on how to make or create paper strips of your own out of your colored magazine pages to be used as a start for your lucky star folding. Just get back to this page and I will try to make such for you.

Happy folding everybody!

6 comments:

  1. I know how to make those lucky stars too :) hmmmm you gave me the idea to make mine for Christmas too. ahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister ko marunong din gumawa niyan kaya sa bahay namin madaming bote ng matador na puno ng stars lol.

    Iwan mo na lng email mu sis send ko pic sau..di ko naman ipost ung comment mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipe!!! thanks sis Rhyeanne. Send mo na lang sa email ko dito: grace@graceincreativelife.com

    @Zoan, sis sana makita ko rin stars na gagawin mo for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoyed reading your post, thanks for sharing it to us

    ReplyDelete