Friday, January 28, 2011

My blog is ready to be in-loved!

Wow, I can’t believe! My blog is so pinkish with lots of love and hearts around. So what can you say? Three days to go and we will hit the month of hearts and lovers. I know this could be so early to celebrate but my blog can’t wait another day to be dressed up and feel the love. I started making this theme last December while I was making my header for Christmas. See how excited I am for this month.

February is my favorite month of the year. Why? Not only because we celebrate it as lover's month but because this is my birth month....yipe! I will be turning 32 this month (oops, I revealed!) . I don't have any plan yet but definitely it would be a great day for me. Starting February 2, we will be having our one week holiday vacation from work to celebrate the Chinese New Year so everyone here is getting very excited including us!

Anyway, let's go back to my blog design. Just the other night, I finished the whole set. You can see here that I changed almost everything except my identity. I want to be remembered as a lady in green eyes with floating eyebrows**LOL. I love my header and I am in love with my girl icon so I just changed her shirt from blue to pink-lavender (I don't know what exactly that color is!). Sorry if she did not change her pants**(LOL again!). What about the bird? The bird?...yes the bird in red wings. I drew it! I made it. It looks perfect on my header and it fits to my fingertip, right? Another one is my sofa. I brought it to the digital upholstery shop (wink!) and changed from blue to pink. The wall also become soft pink with light violet shade but I still use the same wallpaper.

Other changes are:

Background. Obviously, this now become a parade of hearts...from my lucky polka dots to loving hearts...awesome I love it so much!

Layout. With my preference, I changed its layout from three-column to two-column to give way much on my blog post area. But I did not change my blog entire width, still on its 930px wide.

My about me picture. From a full size-frame to a thumbnail size in a tag. As a matter of fact I find hard looking for a photo of mine wearing a red shirt at least. So far this is what I've got which was taken I guess two years ago.

Tags and Labels. I used blue in my previous one. So to blend with pink, I changed them all, too!

Main menu. I made this menu purposely because my previous links were directed to my two other blogs and I feel that my homepage link and my contact details were not noticeable as they should be. Now they are huge and visible enough, and cute as well (because of the bird!).

Signature and divider. My signature came from the same concept of my main menu while my post divider changed from stitches to shiny string.

Pink Badge. Lastly I also made my pink banner which will be ran in my network from this day all through the month of February.

So that's it. I made the whole set in accordance with pink, red and lavender color concept without changing my blog identity. I dressed it up, I makeover it, but still the same Grace in Creative Life image. So, to refresh to you my previous blue theme layout, come and check it out once again: (Click the image for larger view)

I will be wearing this new pinkish design until the end of February. After such period I will still get back to my blue template but I am thinking to keep the bird in my header, just make it blue**wink. Now I am starting to think when would be the next dress up. America's Independence Day? St. Patrick Festival? or Halloween?**LOL. I guess I have to start sewing my Halloween costume then...

Enjoy looking around my blog and don't forget to leave some love here. I would be very glad to read your cheers. Advance Happy Valentines Day to all and start showing your love in your blog now....the earlier, the lovelier!

15 comments:

  1. wow! it's raining hearts here, sis! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! I soooo love every template you have... And the hearts - are soo cute!!! Hmm... thinking about putting some hearts on my blog as well =) WORK IT SO OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I like earts a lot!!!Nice site you have here..just followed you, please follow me back at www.occasionsofjoy.com

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, sisters...my blog is really blooming, right:)

    @Joy, thanks for following me. I'll follow you later..I will use my home computer. Got a problem here in the office using the Google Friend Connect (dunno why?)...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi grace..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love!! so so in love with your template..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My blog is not yet ready for Valentines day, I think it will never be ready anytime soon. It's still under construction. Come to think of it, we're not even ready for V-day in real life. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your hearty and pinky blog theme... Will think of a valentine design for me too... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You really got the talent. Wish I could change and customize my blog designs as you can change and customize yours. Love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. another good job grace in time for love month :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww.. inggit ako! first, ang ganda ng layout mo (february edition).. second, one-week vacay? oh my.. enjoy! :) ~and happy birthmonth! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice layout! I think magkakasundo tayo kasi pareho tayong Februarians and Aquarians :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, sisters...I love seeing all of you here:) and thanks for the appreciation..blushing to the max here:)

    ReplyDelete