Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I had so much fun with Sharkbytes' puzzle

This could be late to post about the contest of Sharkbytes, the author of My Quality Day, because winners are already been declared. Last month she launched an essay writing contest as part of her birthday celebration. But I felt sad because it was only three days left when I read about her contest so I failed to submit an entry. Nevertheless, I had so much fun about the mechanics of such contest. She had a photo puzzle to be completed with monitored running time, and then when you finish the entire photo puzzle make an essay regarding such photo. That was so cool and I really had an intention to join but in the end I was not able to write an entry.

During my lunch time in the office, one ordinary weekday, I tried to make the puzzle. So I started the timer. After 6 minutes and 54 seconds, I got the upper right part of the photo.

Click the image to enlarge

Here are some screenshots I made between minutes: (click them for larger views)






I got my last piece around 23 minutes and 14 seconds:


I guess I can have the entire time to about 20 minutes if I did not make those screencasting...LOL! So after 23 minutes and 21 seconds I finished the entire photo puzzle.


Cool, right? I had so much fun doing the puzzle. Although I did not make it to the last date of submission of entries I still felt happy because of that puzzle. Thank you, Sharkbytes for this unique way of running a blog contest, congratulations to your winners and to the success of your birthday contest, and happy birthday to you as well. Keep coming of contests like this one!

2 comments:

  1. Grace- how kind of you to share this! I love puzzles, so it was no-brainer to make one a part of a contest. Wish you had been able to submit an entry because you would have won something (I had more prizes than entries). I do have a smaller contest each month (if I continue it), which gets the winner a free ad for the next month. Watch for it!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposedly post about this few days ago right after I made those puzzle but again, I ran out of time. But I had so much fun indeed.

    ReplyDelete