Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The song that inspires me

Sentimental….yes I am a sentimental person. Once I attached to a person or things, sometimes it hard for me to say goodbye or put things away that easy. All physical materials and unforgettable moments that brought big impact on my life always have special place in my heart and no matter what, I keep on treasuring and remembering.

I am not a perfect person but I can say I am a good human being. I admit that there are some things happened in my life that almost made me down and felt hopeless and thought that nobody cares for me at all. But I was wrong because there was somebody who lifted me up.

I want to share to all of you the song that inspires me all through this time. The song, YOU MADE ME LIVE AGAIN, which popularized by our local singer Janet Basco (in the late 80's I think), reminds me of a person that saved me from being discouraged. He thought me how to be strong and gave me hope that everybody deserves to be happy and has chance to be happy even in little ways. The person that gave me the strength to face my real world is no other than my husband Gerry. This song is really for him. Two days from now we will be celebrating our 10th year wedding anniversary and I could say that in those 10 years of togetherness, I love him even more and keep on loving him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him together with our kids.

I have searched this song in YouTube and I found a perfect one from a certain aarontrinidad. Come and hear it. I am so proud to tell the world that this song is my song which might be your song too. I also pasted the lyrics below if you want to have a copy.


YOU MADE ME LIVE AGAIN
By: Janet Basco

I was down and out and feelin' so low
You took my hand and eased my mind
I was astray you showed me the way
And now I finally found my home in you

I still recall the times I've been through
Confused and I didn't know what to do
I almost gave up but you gave me hope
You've made me strong as the days went on
You made me live again

I was lost in the dark
With my lonely, broken heart
Then you came along
You took me home
And made me your own

You were always there to lend a helping hand
When good friends were hard to find
When things went wrong you made them right
You've made my days so bright
You made me live again

I was lost in the dark
With my lonely, broken heart
Then you came along
You took me home
And made me your own

Now look at me
Yes, a different me
Back on my feet again
I'm not afraid to face the world again
'Cause you taught me how to be strong

This song keeps on inspiring me. I love the rhythm. I love the tempo, very mellow. So, what can you say about the song? Could you relate?

3 comments:

  1. each one of us has a sentimental side. this is indeed a beautiful and touching song. happy TGIF to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Carina for dropping by...happy TGIF to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, you made me sing again lol.. I haven't practice my vocal chords for a long time but sine i love this song, I stretched it out today nyahahaha

    ReplyDelete