Monday, October 25, 2010

My 6-year Old Crossstitch

I want to introduce you to my 6-year old crossstitch. Yes, this canvas is already in its 6 years in the making and until now I am not yet finish. This is my Last Supper and it measures 36.9" x 16" in 14 count Ecru Aida cloth.

I started working on this on the later part of year 2004 and until now I am still working on this. You might wonder why it takes so long for me to finish this one. The reason --> I am not full time in doing this. I just give it an one hour or two a night and sometimes not. So I am expecting not to finish it in just couple of months unlike my other crossstitch works (The Wedding, Adonis, Holy Family, Mother and child, etc) which only takes two-four months in the making. Let me show you my working paraphernalia for my Last Supper:

But you know what, crossstitching is my favorite hobby which I cannot live without. I started doing this when I was in fourth year high school and I never stop doing this until now. So its been 14 years of crossstitching and I tell you I can crossstitch even in closed-eyes (exaggz!).

So, what are these things. You can see I have two boxes. These boxes are where the threads, the needles, scissor, and the bobbins are kept. I want my things organized so I make sure I have boxes which can accommodate all these small paraphernalia especially for the threads. Here are single capture all these paraphernalia:

DMC threads. This pattern composes of almost 58 different colors of DMC thread.




The pattern. This pattern comes in colored and not in photocopy. This is an original crossstitch pattern from DMC.


The Bobbins are where the DMC threads are rolled and numbered. These comes in different colors.


The scissor, the needles, and the pin cushion.




So, those are the paraphernalia I used to work for my Last Supper crossstitch. I am hoping that this coming year, I can finish this and be framed. I am planning to place this in our dining room. Hayyz, our house actually looks like a one small museum because of these big framed crossstitches. And when I finish my Last Supper, this could be additional. But I am planning to give some of those to my mother because she loves my crossstitches so much.

My husband actually promised me to shoulder the framing fee and that is a good news for me... I will keep you updated about my Last Supper...cheers:)


7 comments:

  1. I love cross stitching too, do you know a website wherein i can have my photo as a pattern for cross stitch for free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For free? so far I don't have idea except the purchased one from DMC at Megamall. You have to buy for a software instead.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about old projects. I have a patchwork quilt I've been meaning to finish for the last four years, lol. My mother is the "cross stitcher" in the family. I might try a simple piece someday, but right now I'm more into crochet and knitting. :)
    Following you now!
    Spinning Lovely Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a long time since I last did any crosstitching. I did use to have a lot of patterns I wonder where they are? and my DMC threads! hehe. This can be really therapeutic, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @spinninglovelydays and @Vera, thanks for being here. I love to know that there are also some who love crossstitching like the way I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I've found a site wherein I can turn photos into pattern... I am now working with my niece cross stitch portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, is it finished by now? How long did it take you to finish it? I'm working on the same pattern and doing it for a year...and I'm only at 20% of it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete