Saturday, November 13, 2010

My TOP 5 Creative Designing Tools

I want to share to you my TOP 5 creative designing tools which I really can't live without. These are the things that become part of my daily creative life.

TOP 1 My computer/laptop. This is the master of all my "crimes" in designing. Since I started to learn to design and create designs of my own, my computer has become my partner in making my life creatively in digital. I put this as Top1 because my Photoshop (although only CS3) will not be possible without my computer (obviously!). You can read more about my computer/laptop in the my previous blog post My Poor Laptop.

TOP 2 My Transcend 500GB External Drive. Why I put this in the second slot? Because this is where my (super) large files are being stored. I only stored limited files in my laptop to save memory and loading speed so I really need this not only as backup but I also treat my external drive as my main drive. But I always see to it that I do regular DVD burning for backup for all the files and data stored in it. I also include in this slot my two USB flash drive, both Transcend (2GB and 1GB).

TOP 3 My Sony Cybershot 14.1MP SteadyShot DSC W320. Okay I am a kind of late when it comes to digital camera. But this point-and-shoot camera of mine has a very excellent resolution and printing result. Having a 14.1 megapixels is already a something for me and actually not bad. But I still have this great desire to have a DSLR even the Canon EOS 550D. As a matter of fact I am starting to save budget just to have this model sometime in next year hopefully. This is not my priority but it is included in my wish list.

TOP 4 My Lexmark X2650 Color 3 in 1 Printer/Scanner. For my TOP 4 is my 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier from Lexmark. I do much in scanning than printing. I often scan my photos, my designing stuff like my ribbons and buttons and other paper to get some paper texture (to be used as overlay). This is the best about having my scanner because I love to have digital papers with real paper texture.

TOP 5 Digital Images. I give special attention to all my digital images and I am organizing them according to what they belong. I have separate folder for all the images I used for my digital scrapbooking, for my blog designing, for all my purchased images and stock photos. I am creating my own digital images but I am also purchasing license for some. I love purchasing stock images at Fotolia, while I have tons of illustrator graphics which I bought in CDs and organized them in my CD pack.

So there you have it, my Top5 creative designing tools. What about you, do you have your own TOP5 of things which you cannot live without? I would be so glad to hear about it. Hope you can share or blog about it, too.

Happy weekend everybody!

3 comments:

  1. oh great, i need a photoshop applocation in my laptop in order to do some designing?:) hmmmm top 5 things which I cannot live without? hmmmmmmm 1.FOOD,2.Laptop,3.Digicam,4.cellphone,5.internet connection! ahahahahha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, wish I could organize my pictures too. BTW, I am now a follower of your blog Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chubskulit...thanks for following my blog. I appreciate it very much...

    @zoan, I also want to have a digicam but so far I can't afford to have one....

    ReplyDelete