Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Poor Laptop

I have been using my Acer laptop for almost three years now without problems and complain about its hardware or any installed software except for being too small for me to see clearly all the designs I am making. My laptop is Acer Aspire 2920z with 12.1" monitor screen, really small isn't it? I started to desire on a much bigger monitor size two years ago when I started my digital scrapbooking. Actually, we have desktop at home and two laptops, one for me and one for my husband. I love the 15" HP notebook of my husband but I cannot use it because he is using it in the office most of the time. While the desktop, he is the one who uses it at night so I don't have choice but to use my laptop.

I told my husband I want to buy a new desktop for myself, the one with a much bigger monitor than my notebook. But I came to have a second thought because that would be impractical on my part to buy a new one if my laptop is still working and functioning properly. Besides, I bought this notebook in a costly price so I couldn't take this thing away that easy. I bought this for NT30,000 (Php42,000) three years ago. So here is the idea that both my husband and I agreed. Instead of buying a whole new unit, we decided to buy a new LCD monitor for our desktop and the old LCD monitor will be mine and will connect to my laptop to become the main monitor instead. Pretty cool, actually. I like this idea.

So this is now my working table having my 19" LCD monitor together with my Lexmark Printer/Scanner.


For two weeks now, I am enjoying my designing at night unlike before when I am using my laptop. And by the way, I connect also a separate keyboard and mouse, so without looking to my poor laptop I can imagine that I am having a CPU tower under my table. The cables that are now being connected to my laptop just to setup this idea.: the charger, the VGA cable, mouse and keyboard USB; and on the right side, the network cable and laptop fan or my external drive.

By the way, the one we have bought is the 24" Vizio LCD TV monitor. So, two birds at one shot, we have a new LCD computer monitor, at the same time we have a TV just enough to watch for a better screen size....cool!

8 comments:

  1. whoah i didnt know that you could do that.so many wires to connect though hmmmmmmm but nice idea indeed:) kasi super expensive hhahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're not using our Tv na din but just stream from the net or di kaya watch from websites that offer recorded shows. no commercials na, we can watch at our own time pa.

    first time to visit here Grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. acer din pla ang binili mo?... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gee welcome to mt blog, so glad to see you here.

    @Zoan thanks, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis, I also use a separate monitor (it's a flat CRT monitor, an old one, but it's 21" hehehe) for watching my fave movies and TV series on my laptop. And, I also connect a separate speaker/sound system for added effect. ^_^

    I love it when people come up with ways to save and still get what they want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sis Mel, I do have speakers and webcam too...but I prefer not to connect anymore, only when needed because I feel pity on my notebook***lol for having too much cables. Mukha na syang pasyente na maraming dextrose na nakakabit...

    Really worth and practical indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so cool..and by the way I love your desk...so organized and clean :-)

    ReplyDelete