Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taipei 101 on 2011 New Year

Taipei 101 is just 20-minute ride from our place and I can no longer recall for how many times we have visited this place even from the time it was still the tallest building in the world (2004-2010 before the Burj Khalifa). So the view around the building of Taipei 101 is not new to me but the building itself keep amazes me everytime I see it in person. I cannot imagine how genius the people behind this project!

Last December 31, 2010 my husband and I went to Taipei 101 to see the last scenario around the place before the New Year. We went there around 4pm and stayed for 5 hours. For the past years we have been there also up to the countdown to watch the yearly fireworks display. But this year we have decided not to wait for the countdown because of the number of people and the weather**LOL. The weather was very cold (around 7° C - 9° C) and I couldn't stand it.

Taipei 101 at daytime



Taipei 101 at night time


These pictures were taken by me at the very foot of the building. I was imagining this building that few hours to go it would be on fire again just like the previous New Year's fireworks display.

On the base of the building

Inside the Taipei 101 Shopping Mall



What a pretty image of Taipei 101!



On the other side of the building


I feel shy to show this to you because it looks "corny" but here I go, touching the tip of the tower:

So how would I describe a night before the New Year at Taipei 101? It was amazing, memorable, and remarkable moment for me not only because of these photos but because I was with this man:






Perhaps this could be our last New Year here in Taipei and this could also be the last time we will see the Taipei 101 on New Year because we are planning to go home in the Philippines this year for good to be the kids...and this sounds more exciting than seeing the Taipei 101, isn't it?

And before I end up my post I want to show you a video. Sorry if I don't have my own video because like what I have said, we did not wait for the countdown so just to give you an idea about the fireworks display in Taipei 101 for the year 2011, here is a video which I only grabbed from YouTube from certain ShunanZhung...three hours after we left the place, the Taipei 101 was set on fire***very beautiful!



Thank you for looking and hope someday you could also visit Taiwan and see this incredible building.

P.S: This time, the photos above are not products of Photoshop**LOL (defensive!)

13 comments:

  1. sis, i didn't know you're in taiwan pala.. hehe.. kulit ng post mo, defensive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 minutes lang pala e! bakit di nyo ko dinalaw when i was there last? huhuhu... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello mare abby...weekdays po yung pagpunta mo ng Taipei. We are not available pag weekdays kasi very late na kami nakakauwi sa gabi..just visit Taipei again:)..miss you:)

    @sis dianne, yay! di ko ba nabanggit sa'yo? Anyway pauwi na rin naman kami...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful video Grace. Am sure all of you had a great time. Happy new year and epiphany! BTW, it's so cold here in Manila the past few days (nine degrees in Baguio). It might be freezing up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish I can go back there in Taiwan and visit Taipei 101 again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and nice video ... Pa taiwan taiwan n lang eh hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photos. You look soooo beautiful. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sir Wally, thank you and indeed we had great time. Happy New Year as well:)

    @Mona, thank you din saka naku sis di kami nagbabakasyon dito..:)

    @Khaye, yay! thanks sis..so flattered:)

    @Eric, ganda ng Taiwan di ba? Lots of beautiful spots to visit...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow ganda ng mga pic mo, happy couple :)
    happy new year sis

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe ang ganda ng building, ang ganda ng nag post, at ang gandang tingnan ninyong dalawa...hehe

    nasa Taiwan ka pala..ehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mukhang malamig ata diyan...ang kakapal kasi ng suot nyo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @black leather briefcase, oo malamig dito ngayon. It's winter season:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Aside from seeing how incredible the structure is, I also learned that Taipei 101 is the safest building in Taipei during earthquake. Love to see this building too someday :)

    ReplyDelete